Today is the final day of the regular season with Seattle preparing to face Arizona. So what draft pick will the Seahawks get depending on the different scenarios that could play out?
Seattle can pick as high as 10th, but no lower than 19th. Defeat against Arizona and the Seahawks will pick no lower than 13th. They will jump a spot higher if the following happens:
– Philadelphia defeats Washington at home
– Kansas City beats Denver, plus two of Tampa Bay (@ Atlanta), Minnesota (vs Chicago), Pittsburgh (@Cleveland) and Indianapolis (@Jacksonville) are victorious. In the event only one of those teams win, a coin toss would determine who picks first between Seattle and Kansas City.
– Buffalo wins at New England, plus two of Tampa Bay (@ Atlanta), Minnesota (vs Chicago), Cincinnati (vs Baltimore) and Tennessee (@ Houston) are victorious. In the event only one of those teams win, a coin toss would determine who picks first between Seattle and Buffalo.
If all three scenarios play out and Arizona defeats Seattle, the Seahawks will own the #10 overall pick.
So what about if Seattle wins? The Seahawks could pick no higher than 14th overall and no lower than 19th. If Seattle wins today, they will move a spot closer to #14 with each of the following results:
– Chicago wins at Minnesota
– San Diego wins at Oakland
– Tennessee wins at Houston
– The New York Jets win at Miami
– Dallas wins at the New York Giants
– Oakland wins against the Chargers, but at least one of the following teams win: Tampa Bay (@ Atlanta), Minnesota (vs Chicago), Pittsburgh (@Cleveland) or Tennessee (@ Houston). In the event that Oakland loses and all four of those teams are also defeated, a coin toss would determine who picks first between Seattle and Buffalo.
The ideal scenario is a Seahawks to win today while still getting the #14 overall pick, so it’s time to become part-time fans of the Bears, Chargers, Titans, Jets and Cowboys for 24 hours.